Inspired by Southern Living.com recipes for Quick and Easy Taco Recipes... this shrimp photo hooked moi...
- 10 to 12 (10-inch) wooden skewers
- 2 pounds unpeeled, large raw shrimp (21/25 count)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 to 20 (8-inch) soft taco-size corn or flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrots
- Lime wedges
- 1. Soak skewers in water 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, peel shrimp; devein, if desired. Coat cold cooking grate of grill with cooking spray, and place on grill. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat.
- 3. Toss shrimp with hot sauce and next 4 ingredients. Thread shrimp onto skewers. Grill shrimp, covered with grill lid, 1 to 2 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink. Grill tortillas 1 minute on each side or until warmed.
- 4. Combine cabbage and carrots. Remove shrimp from skewers just before serving. Serve shrimp in warm tortillas with cabbage mixture and lime wedges.
This recipe inspired me BUT I did not follow it... Here is what I did...
Garlic, Green Onion, Cilantro in a skilled with olive and tossed shrimp in the mix...
Fried corn tortillas...
Made homemade salsa, rice and pinto beans to go with the shrimp tacos (my plate)...
my sons and hubby had their tacos with everything inside the shell...
If YOU have a recipe YOU would like to share along with photos... email us!!!